Iraq Energy … towards energizing Iraq’s Economy
Iraq Energy is a limited company by guarantee and its registered office is located in London, United Kingdom
Iraq Energy is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan, and non-governmental organization.
Iraq Energy aims to be a leading independent ‘Policy Institute’ and research organization for Iraq on energy policy and related matters.
- To rationalise the discourse on Iraqi energy policy in an objective method and elevate the discussion to a professional level, resulting in useful and actionable policy recommendations for optimum development of Iraq’s energy sector.
- To act as a reliable source of Information and research on Iraq energy affairs, for policy-makers in the public and private sectors, and to disseminate information to all those in the public at large who are interested in the development of Iraq’s energy sector.
Rather than focusing exclusively on either the theory or practice of energy policy, Iraq Energy research seeks to merge and integrate both domains by drawing together experts from academia, the energy industry, government, the media, and non-governmental organizations. This policy institute will generate studies and working papers that disseminate up-to-date information and fresh impartial analyses on a wide range of topics such as energy policy formulation, energy security, energy geopolitics, energy resource development, emerging energy technologies, science and technology policy, energy and economic growth, energy forecasting, energy and the environment, and energy sector regulation; all within the specific context of Iraq’s unique resources’ imperatives and circumstances.
These activities will offer analyses, reports, workshops, seminars and lectures on a wide variety of issues related to the above topics, such as global energy geopolitics, energy supply and demand, alternative energy sources, sustainable development, local content, energy and the environment, technological advances, and energy demand trends. Thus, outstanding scholars and consultants from around the world will have the opportunity to participate and contribute positively to Iraq Energy programs. Moreover, studies, policy reports, articles, energy updates, and working papers will regularly be posted on the Iraq Energy website.
- Producing specific and actionable recommendations for the benefit of both of the public and private sectors as well as the legislative branch.
- Publishing papers and research results on energy related matters relevant to the optimal economic development of the Iraqi energy sector.
- Organizing educational seminars and workshops on energy topics focusing on sustainable development components (society, environment, and economy).
- Organizing periodic conferences covering all aspects of the oil & gas sector, petrochemicals, water, electricity & power, and renewable energy. Awards for outstanding achievements will also be offered at these
- Developing academic publications/curricula for Iraqi universities and institutes.
- Publish a quarterly magazine containing energy papers, articles, and new updates.
- Launch job fairs for graduates, professionals, and HR services.
- Building & strengthening partnership between the Iraqi energy public and private sectors and providing advice to both of them.
- Gifts & private donations from private businesses and individuals
- Grants from multilateral organizations, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Grants/sponsorships from international companies and institutes
Other revenue sources may include services such as:
- Membership fees
- Events fees and sponsorships
- Research and project sponsorships/fees
- Publication sponsorships
The Founding Board of Trustees will govern Iraq Energy for a term of 3 years before calling for an election of a new Board of Trustees. Members of Iraqi origin will be eligible for nomination to the Board of Trustees and/or participate in the elections. The day-to-day running of the organization will be managed by a team of full-time staff, led by an Executive Director. Advisors to Iraq Energy require the nomination of 3 Board Members prior to their appointment, subject to Board approval.
Iraq Energy brings together people and organizations with interest in Iraqi energy affairs. This will provide an independent platform where academics, business people, government officials, the media, NGOs, politicians, policy-makers, and researchers can interact in an open and professional environment. Acceptance of potential applicants for membership will require the approval of the Membership Committee.